* New volunteers and returning volunteers please click 'Apply Now.'
Thank you for your interest in making a difference in the life of a child. More than simply reading with a child, you will help your student gain key foundational skills to become a stronger reader.
Minimum requirements to volunteer:
-You must have a valid Social Security number provided by the Social Security Administration
-You must be 14-years or older
- Commit to as little as one hour a week, generally Monday-Friday, 8AM-5PM
- Attend an in-person Tutor Orientation
- Pass a background check
Reading Partners will provide you with:
- A highly effective, easy-to-use curriculum
- In-person training and on-site support
- The opportunity to make a tangible difference
If you have questions or concerns before signing up, or if you would prefer to apply with the help of one of our staff members, then please contact us at volunteerNY@readingpartners.org or (646) 395-3831.